Saturday, March 24, 2012

The disbanding of Tokyo Jihen, my most favorite Japanese band

Yes, you read the title right. Tokyo Jihen, that has been well known as a Japanese alternative-jazz band featuring the screechy, high-pitched female singer Ringo Shiina as the frontman, finally announced that they're going to disband in the end of February. Too bad, since Tokyo Jihen, in my opinion, is one of the best band from Japan. And another sad fact is that Tokyo Jihen was actually listed in the last JGTC (Jazz Goes To Campus) show's line-up musicians, but not performing for a reason that I didn't know. So I didn't get the chance to watch 'em live in concert.


Just consider this as a little tribute from me for Tokyo Jihen (or just Ringo Shiina?). It's unfinished, but probably I'll finish it if I'm not lazy.

did I wrote the kanji right? :|

No comments: